PlatDOT Launches Public Testnet with ChainX
PlatDOT has just released the first public beta with ChainX, building bridges with Polkadot and PlatON.
PlatON, a global distributive privacy AI network, constitutes the underlying infrastructure that supports the transfer of digital and crypto assets. Free flow of assets among chains with minimized friction which should have been the basic ability now still stands as the common goal that needs to be reached urgently. PlatON and ChainX, with this in mind, have forged a strategic cooperation to press ahead with the Platdot project.
The inter-chain solution provided by Platdot will equip PlatON with advanced chain crossing technology that will enable it to connect with the Polkadot ecosystem, thereby breaking the stalemate of isolation and forging complementary interconnection for mutual prosperity.
(1) Create a multi-signature account on Polkadot to host dot which is needed for pdot issuance;
(2) Deploy smart contract on PlatON to manage and record the issuance and exchange of pdot;
(3) Members of the Conflux ShuttleFlow manage the multi-signature account and pdot smart contract via the Conflux nodes. For example, let’s cross Polkadot’s dot onto PlatON. A user initiates a request to cross dot onto a particular PlatON wallet address. Conflux monitors the request and issues pdot to the PlatON address at 1:1 ratio with dot. What’s worth pointing out is the abovementioned nodes are institutions and individuals enjoying strong credit endorsements and good reputation in the industry.
Further improve the inter-chain solution by adopting PlatON’s MPC and Shamir algorithm which randomly fragments the private key and stores the pieces securely. Multi-party computation combined with homomorphic encryption can reorganize the private key in an encrypted form, so as to strengthen the protection mechanism of inter-chain keys and guarantee the security of multi-signature chain crossing.
Add new features like light-client contract and relay chain for two-way communications on the semi-centralized chain-crossing basis of PlatON and Polkadot. Light nodes enable trustless environment and the processing time required for inter-chain confirmation only depends on the block generation time of PlatON and Polkadot, which greatly improves the user experience. To put it more specific, consensus algorithm will be deployed when implementing light nodes to verify all block heads of the original chain and check all the data through transaction signatures. Users’ assets will be entrusted to the nodes without any third-party involvement in the inter-chain process, thus no trust is required out of any third party. What’s more, the locking-issuing, burning-unlocking process will be automatically executed with the inter-chain proof, completely de-trusting the system.
April 12, 2021-April 23, 2021
Testing and rewards
1. Testing master
Complete Task 1 and Task 2 according to the following tutorial, and submit screenshots as required. We will randomly choose 200 participants who have completed the task, and each will be rewarded 5 KSX and 1 LAT. If less than 200 participants take on the task, reward will be issued to everyone.
2. Bug spotting
Please go to https://github.com/Platdot-network/Platdot/issues if you spot any bug during the test and submit your problem. The submit format is in line with the issue example. You need to describe the bug and don’t forget to write down your PCX mainnet address and ATP recipient address. Developers will classify the submitted bugs and issue different rewards:
CRITICAL: 50 KSX & 10 ATP
IMPORTANT: 20 KSX & 5 ATP
USEFUL: 5 KSX & 1 ATP
3. Inviting and forwarding
Complete tasks on twitter, the higher the score, the higher the chance of winning. According to the completion of the task, 100 users will be randomly selected from users who have scored 142 and more, and each can claim 5 KSX & 1 ATP.
1. Click the Platdot test web: https://platdot.chainx.org/#/ with chrome or firefox browser.
2. Install the Polkadot plug-in, create or import your Polkadot account; install the Samurai plug-in, create or import your Platon account.
3. Go to https://matrix.to/#/#platdot:matrix.org?via=matrix.org to claim KSM test coins before participate. An element account is required. If you don’t have one, register one first, and then reply in the above chat room: “!drip + your KSM address” to receive your KSM test coins.
Example: !drip CfwCnYuFso14Bs2gNa4ftF2WrNn76HLrC7DUiAQ5gM2XokC
4. Visithttps://faucet.alaya.network/faucet/?id=f93426c0887f11eb83b900163e06151c to claim ATP test coins to participate.
Task 1: Issue AKSM
1. Log in to the Platdot test web: https://platdot.chainx.org/#/, click “Issue”, enter the number of AKSMs that need to be redeemed, and submit:
2. Click https://forms.gle/k7XPs8jyfAnw18s8A to upload the screenshot of the task, better with the red prompt of successful issuance, if not, the AKSM quantity and address have to be included.
Task 2: Redeem KSM
1. Log in to the Platdot test web: https://platdot.chainx.org/#/, click “Redemption”, enter the number of KSMs that need to be redeemed, and submit:
2. Click https://forms.gle/k7XPs8jyfAnw18s8A to upload the screenshot of the task, better with the red prompt of successful issuance, if not, the quantity of remaining assets and corresponding addresses have to be shown.
ATP will be distributed within seven working days after the event ends. KSX will be issued after the official launch of ChainX Kusama parachain. Please wait with patience.
ChainX, the first project in Polkadot’s ecosystem, is committed to the research and application of Bitcoin layer 2 expansion, digital asset gateway and will become Polkadot’s second-layer relay chain, to realize cross-chain asset exchange, leading Bitcoin Cross-DeFi.