ChainX Weekly Report: The Development Team Responded the Substrate 2.0 Update Progress
X-BTC deposit amount: 391
PCX issued: 6,628,950
PCX voting lockup rate: 71.88%
This week the Chairman of the ChainX Council: exxibox
- ChainX launched AEX on September 1, and shared how ChainX leads new opportunities in decentralized finance in its community.
- On September 3, ChainX was invited by 8btc.com to discuss the next hot spot in the industry.
- The first batch of 5 community leaders and 5 communities have been established.
A total of 280 [来来] +296 [执笔者无双] +257 [孩他爸] +352 [ferry] users were added to the ChainX community. The fifth community is still under development. The captains and users have received their airdrops and two captains organized activities in their own group, which increased the activity of the community and the number of PCX accounts.
- Wushuang Group launched an essay competition. A total of 16 articles were published on Cailuo, and some PCX rewards were provided for excellent articles. This paved the way for the later launch of the whole network essay competition. The rules for the whole network essay competition are under development.
- On August 30th, the 8th Member of ChainX came to issue the 9th Parliamentary Work Report .
- DOT will open up the real estate world of blockchain. After taking the Polkadot slot, ChainX will invite major public chains and new types of projects to jointly develop and construct a city. The ChainX community will 1:1 map PCX to issue test coins on kusama, which will be used for the first testing of ChainX development on Kusama. This test network has nothing to do with the ChainX development team PolkaX. ChainX does not make any promises to this test network. it will be used for testing. It is consistent with the idea of DOT pioneer network Kusama: Expect Chaos.
- ChainX 1.0
-Assist the trust in handling Bitcoin withdrawal issues
-Hide demo account address and revert accidental deposits
- ChainX 2.0
-Provide a corresponding processing interface according to the amount of exposure by the trust processing Bitcoin withdrawal
-Complete the benchmarks of all modules to generate the Weight Info of the corresponding module
- Block explorer
-Retrieval of account balance, voting, and information
-Complete Signer’s support for staking and dex transaction signatures
-Complete the debugging of the 2.0 wallet staking and dex part
-Fix 2.0 wallet asset page display bug
Someone in the community questioned the recent slow development of ChainX. Can you give me a reply to this problem?
A: Due to historical reasons, ChainX started earlier and is based on substrate 1.0. Therefore, the upgrade process faces more complexity and workload. Many underlying dependencies and tools need to be compatible and upgraded. This part simoly takes a lot of time. We have made considerable progress, and we are also accelerating the current development progress.
The current development focus of ChainX is the 2.0 upgrade. What stage has it been in? When is it expected to be completed?
A: At present, nearly 90% of the development of ChainX 2.0 chain has been completed. The current main work energy is the development, joint debugging and testing of peripheral tools such as browsers and wallets. It is expected that the internal 2.0 testnet will be launched this week, and the public 2.0 testnet will be launched two weeks later . The testnet is expected to last one to two months. After completing all tests and all code audits, ChainX 2.0 can be officially launched. In other words, the ChainX 2.0 upgrade is expected to be completed in two months.
- Community data
WeChat public number: 5208
ChainX account: 7847
- ChainX CMO Kristen was invited by the Golden Finance Fairy Live Room to share the market trend in the second half of the year.
- On September 7th, ChainX was invited by Gate to share in its community how ChainX is leading the charge in Polkadot.
- On September 17th, ChainX was invited to participate in the Xiamen International Blockchain Week Business Development Summit.